Decision Day
Prior to entering this class, I had no experience with Adobe InDesign or Premiere Pro. After watching a few videos with explanation on different features of the programs, I learned that there are many ways you can edit pictures and videos that I had never heard of before. Watching these tutorials in class helped me clearly decide what program I would prefer to use for my AICE exam.
The first set of tutorials we watched was on Adobe Premiere Pro. Although I am more familiar with editing videos rather than photos, the tutorials pointed out many editing tools I had never heard of before. One of the tutorials shows that you can use the “razor tool” to cut different pieces of your video, which makes removing clips of scenes we don't need much much easier. In another Premiere Pro explanation video, it is mentioned that you can add and edit audio over your video, which makes voice overs and background music much easier to incooperate. Watching these videos made me more interested in learning how to create my own videos and made me more familiar with many new editing techniques.
After getting familiarized with Premiere Pro, the class was introduced to the photo editing software Adobe InDesign. Because the software is so detailed, at first glance I was very nervous to attempt editing my own photo. But after watching videos explaining various ways to edit the photos, I felt much more comfortable. The videos explain that while editing in InDesign, there are several ways to complete the same function, which makes it easier to find each tool. It is also explained that you have the option to edit only certain areas of a photo at once, which is ideal for changing colors or removing unnecessary or unwanted parts of the photo.
All in all, watching both videos helped me realize that I am more interested in editing with Premiere Pro rather than InDesign. The tutorial on Premiere Pro made me realize how many interesting ways there are to convey stories through movies. A quote from Wayne R. Cherry, “The Four Cs of critical thinking, communication, collaboration, and creativity go hand in hand with storytelling projects in the classroom,” also helped me realize that the main components of storytelling could be best brought out in a movie opening.
Comments
Post a Comment